Jeannette Goon Founder, VapeClubMY

Jeannette Goon
  • Who are you and what do you do?

I’m a writer. Everything else I do—running my ecommerce company, working on new business ideas, organizing events—is part of a bigger goal to keep collecting stories and/or satisfy my curiosity.

• What makes you get up in the morning?

My alarm going off! I’m so not a morning person but knowing that time is the one resource that’s totally limited and that there’s so much that I want to do, gets me out of bed.

• What keeps you up at night?

I’d like to say that there are deep questions or world-impacting problems keeping me up at night. But the truth is, stories—whether in books or on screen—keep me up at night. I’m a sucker for crime fiction with semi-supernatural elements and have on occasion stayed up till 5am reading. As much as I love my work, I like to let my mind play and wander at night.

• The one thing you regret the most.

Spending too much of my youth reading and thinking, rather than just going out and doing shit.

• What is the one thing you’ve learned and want to pass on to the next generation?

Most of the time I think that those younger than me are at an advantage because they’ve grown up in a tech-infused world, so perhaps I don’t really have “wise words” to pass on to them. But one thing I’ve learned is that it’s okay to make mistakes, because that means I’m learning.

Posted on Thursday, 01 March 2018